Our market garden practices:
- We exclusively use certified organic vegetable seeds.
- No manufactured chemicals are used whatsoever - organic or conventional - in any stage of the growing process or during post-harvest.
- We follow plant based practices in the market garden. Beginning in the 2018 season, no animal byproducts are used- no fish emulsion, blood meal, bone meal, feather meal or manure is applied to soil or crops.
- A plant based soil mix and compost tea are made on site. If you are curious about the specific ingredients, please ask and we will be happy to share.
- We do not rely on volunteer help or apprentices. Until we can pay a living wage, we complete all farm work ourselves.